For the fifth year in a row, Comcast NBCUniversal was listed among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity, ranking #7 in the country – up from #19 in 2017.
We also ranked on six of DiversityInc’s 2018 Specialty Lists:
- Internal Diversity Councils: For the first time, we ranked #12 out of 15 on the Internal Diversity Council Specialty List.
- Employee Resource Groups: In another first for 2018, we were included on the Employee Resource Groups Specialty List, ranking #10 of 12.
- Veterans: We ranked #6 of 15 on the 2018 Veterans Specialty List, up from our previous #9 ranking.
- People with Disabilities: We ranked #4 of 12 on the 2018 People with Disabilities Specialty List, up from #4 in 2017.
- LGBT Employees: We appeared on the LGBT Employees Specialty List for the second consecutive year in 2018 (this list is not ranked).
- Supplier Diversity: We ranked #2 of 11 on the 2018 Supplier Diversity Specialty List, up from #5 in 2017.
About DiversityInc Top 50
The DiversityInc Top 50 ranking is based on empirical data obtained through organizations filling out the survey. Participation is free and companies that do business with DiversityInc receive no preferential treatment.
The survey is the most rigorous, data-driven analysis gauging detailed demographics based on race/ethnicity and gender at some of the largest U.S. employers, all in an effort to better assess initiatives to hire, retain and promote women, minorities, people with disabilities, LGBT and veterans.