NEW YORK – June 12, 2018 – NBC News’ TODAY was the number-one morning show last week, topping ABC’s “Good Morning America,” in the key A25-54 and A18-49 demos. For 128 straight weeks, TODAY has won A25-54, delivering its best streak in nearly six years. Among A18-49, TODAY has been number-one for 148 consecutive weeks.
TODAY had a string of big exclusives last week, beginning with Craig Melvin’s interview with Pres. Bill Clinton, which continued to make news throughout the week. Savannah Guthrie had the first sit down interview with the Parkland resource officer, Scot Peterson, as well as Mira Sorvino’s first television interview since her allegations against Harvey Weinstein, and Hoda Kotb sat down with actress Sandra Bullock, where they talked about their shared experiences of adoption and motherhood.
Season to date, TODAY remains the number-one morning show, topping GMA in the key A25-54 and A18-49 demos. Additionally, TODAY has narrowed the total viewers margin with GMA by 77% while leading CBS This Morning by an extra 10% in total viewers compared to same point last season.
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.23||10||3,011||0.43||551||0.64||766|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||3.01||13||4,087||0.69||889||1.00||1,203|
TODAY averaged 1.255 million A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +52,000 (+4%) and CBS This Morning by +489,000 (+64%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 128 consecutive weeks (best streak in almost six years) and 144 of the last 145 weeks
- TODAY delivered a 1.04 A25-54 rating, +0.04 points ahead of GMA and +0.40 points more than CBS
TODAY averaged 893,000 A18-49 viewers, +4,000 ahead of GMA and +342,000 (+62%) higher than CBS
- Among A18-49 viewers, TODAY has now posted 148 consecutive weekly wins and has finished #1 in 154 of the last 156 weeks and 165 of the last 169 weeks
- TODAY’s 0.69 A18-49 rating, tied with GMA and leading CBS by +0.26 points
TODAY averaged 3.741 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +730,000 (+24%)
- TODAY improved its total viewer advantage over CBS This Morning by 1% vs. prior week and by 20% versus the same week last season
TODAY ranks #1 among A25-54 viewers
- Leads GMA by +159,000 and CBS by +575,000
TODAY ranks #1 among A18-49 viewers
- Leads GMA by +157,000 and CBS by +436,000
TODAY Leads CBS by +747,000, 10% higher than last season