UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – July 10, 2018 – NBC returns to San Diego Comic-Con with plenty of “goodness” to share. Kick-start this year’s SDCC experience with a tour of “The Good Place” interactive activation – the network’s largest interactive fan experience yet – and follow-up with Q&A panel sessions for “The Good Place,” “Manifest,” Midnight, Texas” and the Golden Globe-winning NBC newcomer “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”
Head to Tin Fish Restaurant on the Gaslamp peninsula as it transforms into “The Good Plates.” Customers will immerse themselves into the recognizable restaurant from the series, complete with branded menus, tabletops and more. Additionally, NBC is partnering with No Kid Hungry to donate 50% of the sales of a designated Tin Fish Restaurant menu item during San Diego Comic-Con week to its efforts to end childhood hunger in America. No Kid Hungry is a campaign of national anti-poverty nonprofit Share Our Strength.
NBC will once again sponsor the official Comic-Con App, offering attendees a comprehensive mobile companion to the conference, including a dynamic schedule with live updates, interactive exhibit hall map, panel details and popular events. Attendees can also collect their favorite moments and share with friends and sync their personal schedule on Comic-Con.org with the app. The app update will be available for download Wednesday, July 11 on the App Store or Google Play.
“THE GOOD PLACE” EXPERIENCE
Thursday, July 19-Sunday, July 22 at Gaslamp Square (between the Convention Center and Hard Rock Hotel)
Comic-Con attendees will immerse themselves in the entertaining and philosophical world of “The Good Place,” where everyone is welcomed into the show’s inspired neighborhood tailored specifically for San Diego Comic-Con. Constructed to remind fans of the show’s hilarious and unforgettable moments, guests will become part of the scene. In addition to the main interactive experience, fans will enjoy a host of exclusive giveaways, a branded digital takeaway, and several custom opportunities to capture photos and videos with some of the most iconic elements from the series. “The Good Place” Comic-Con activation is produced by Oaken Anchor exclusively for NBC.
In order to avoid long lines and for the first time ever at Comic-Con, NBC is inviting guests to pre-register for the experience online starting Wednesday, July 11 by visiting www.thegoodplacesdcc.com. Each attendee will receive a customized profile and wristband to enhance their visit. Utilizing Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology, attendees will have maximum integration and fun inside this full-sensory activation.
Thursday, July 19-Sunday, July 22 at Hard Rock Hotel
NBC’s new fall drama series “Manifest” will offer attendees a chance to relax, beat the heat and recharge their mobile devices with a Montego Airlines-branded lounge, located at the Hard Rock Hotel. The space will offer a custom oxygen bar, charging station and a chance to preview new content from the anticipated new fall show.
NBC PANEL SCHEDULE
Thursday, July 19
- “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” (Presented by Universal Television)
-7-8 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- Join stars Andy Samberg, Stephanie Beatriz, Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, Joe Lo Truglio, Chelsea Peretti, Dirk Blocker, Joel McKinnon Miller, co-creator/executive producer Dan Goor and executive producer Luke Del Tredici of the fan-favorite Universal Television series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” for a conversation that will be both toit and noice!
- The sixth season of “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” debuts on NBC in 2019!
Saturday, July 21
- “The Good Place” (Presented by Universal Television)
- 11-11:50 a.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- From creator Michael Schur and Universal Television comes the critically acclaimed and unique afterlife comedy series about what it means to be a good person. Join stars Ted Danson (“Cheers,” “Curb Your Enthusiasm”), Kristen Bell (“House of Lies,” “Veronica Mars”), William Jackson Harper (“Paterson”), Jameela Jamil (“Playing it Straight”), D’Arcy Carden (“Barry,” “Broad City”), Manny Jacinto (“The Good Doctor”) and executive producers Michael Schur (“Parks and Recreation,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”), Morgan Sackett (“Parks and Recreation,” “Veep”) and Drew Goddard (Oscar-nominated writer for “The Martian”) for a forking great conversation.
- “The Good Place” premieres its third season with an hour-long episode on Thursday, Sept. 27 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
- “Manifest” (Presented by Warner Bros. Television)
- 1-2 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront - “Manifest” pilot screening and Q&A
- When Montego Air Flight 828 landed safely in New York after a turbulent but routine flight, the crew and passengers were relieved. Yet in the span of those few hours, the world had aged five years and their friends, families and colleagues, after mourning their loss, had given up hope and moved on. Now, faced with the impossible, they’re all given a second chance. But as their new realities become clear, a deeper mystery unfolds and some of the returned passengers soon realize they may be meant for something greater than they ever thought possible.
- Join executive producer Jeff Rake (“The Mysteries of Laura,” “The Tomorrow People”) and series stars Melissa Roxburgh (“Valor,” “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” movies), Josh Dallas (“Once Upon a Time,” “Thor”) for an emotionally rich and unexpected journey into a world grounded in hope, heart and destiny.
- “Manifest” premieres Monday, Sept. 24, at 10 p.m. ET/PT on NBC and is produced by Warner Bros. Television, Universal Television, Compari Entertainment and Jeff Rake Productions
- “Midnight, Texas” (Presented by Universal Television)
- 2:45-3:45 p.m., Room 6BCF, San Diego Convention Center
- Welcome back to a place where being normal is strange and only outsiders fit in. Join your fellow “Midnighters” for a sneak peek of season two and a Q&A session with the cast and producers: François Arnaud (“The Borgias”), Dylan Bruce (“Orphan Black”), Parisa Fitz Henley (“Harry and Meghan: A Royal Romance”), Arielle Kebbel (“The Vampire Diaries”), Jason Lewis (“Sex and the City”), Peter Mensah (“True Blood”), executive producers David Janollari (“Six Feet Under”), Eric Charmelo(“Supernatural”) and Nicole Snyder (“Supernatural”).
- Season two of “Midnight, Texas” premieres Friday, October 26 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
NBC will host a first-ever, invitation only press preview event Wednesday night, July 18, giving VIPs an exclusive first-look at the activation experience before it opens to the public on Thursday. On Saturday, July 21, NBC will also host its annual invite-only party within their own activation space for “The Good Place” at the Gaslamp Peninsula.
Jessica Nevarez, firstname.lastname@example.org, 818-777-2943